Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stila "Eyes Are The Window" Shadow Palette Review

I know what you're thinking, "Kylie, you already have the Naked Palettes, a Too Faced Palette, the Lorac Pro Palette, etc, why do you need another neutral palette?" And to you I say "shhhh". No, I didn't need this. But did I want it? Yes. Did I leave work, speed to Ulta, grab it off the shelf like a rabid wildabeast, run to the counter, and throw my credit card at the cashier as if my life depended on it the day this came out? Yup.








*Insert heart-eyed smiley face emoji here* . That gold metallic packaging though.

 This is the palette in "Soul". There are three other very nice palettes but I chose the most neutral, obviously. This palette is a mix of shimmers, satins, and mattes all in a range of neutral and wearable hues. THey range from a matte cream, a champagne, to a dark brown shimmer and a matte black. I've already used every single one of these eyeshadows and I've owned this about a week and when you have as many eyeshadows as I do this is an accomplishment. This is the biggest accomplishment of mine this summer, that may be sad but it's my life so deal with it.

*Takes sip of beer

Anywho, this palette is quite beautiful. As I stated, all the shades are the kind that I wear on a daily basis. I generally take one of the shimmers across my lid and into my crease, then deepen the crease with one of the matte shades in the middle row. The shimmers/satins are definitely creamier than the mattes, as is true for most eyeshadow brands in general. The mattes do work well for crease work and they blend very well into the other shades.


These are the shadows swatched starting at the bottom with Kitten which is the champagne shimmer (it's kind of cut off sorry!). You can't really see the first shade in the upper left corner on my skin as it is intended as a highlight shade therefore it matches my skin tone.




As you can tell the shades are all pretty similar and as you get to the shimmer dark browns they aren't terribly pigmented with just one swipe, which is how I swatched them here. I don't mind that because when I add these kinds of colors I often just want them to deepen up the look, I'm not big on smokey eyes myself. My eyes are too big for too dark of an eye look and I start to resemble a lemur. Or my cat. She rocks a full eyeliner look as you can see here.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

So I would recommend that out of these new Stila palettes, if you want a true neutral palette then get Soul. Definitely take a look at the others though, they were gorgeous but had too much variation for me. My lipsticks are so bright that my eyeshadow has to stay pretty neutral.

Is this something you could see yourself picking up? 





































No comments:

Post a Comment