Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer FOTD!

Tonight I was going out to dinner and drinks with my friends from high school. I had plenty of time to get ready because Mondays are my day off and I had little else to do other than apply for writing jobs and hope someone hires me. So I figured, let's apply a ton of makeup and see how it turns out.

And here it is! As you can see I went for a golden, bronze eye with a bright orange-red lip. It's my go to look in the summer and I think it's season-appropriate while staying true to my makeup taste.


Here are all the products I used:

For my eyes I started off with a recent purchase, MAC's Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Rubenesque. It's a beautiful peachy bronze champagne hybrid color that works well with my brown eyes and also the summery look that I was going for. 


For my eyeshadow I used my new Lorac Pro Palette. I resisted the temptation to buy this palette for months but I finally caved. I'm so glad I did. The shadows are creamy and blendable. They're also all wearable and I find that I can get just about any look out of this collection of shadows. I used Light Bronze all over my lid then put Gold over the outer 3/4 of my eye. I worked Taupe into my crease, a beautiful warm brown shade. I then packed a little bit of Sable onto the outer third of my eye and blended like my life depended on it to create a bronzed, golden eye look.




I used my the deluxe sample of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer that I have to warm up my face. I placed it primarily under my cheekbones, on my temple, and along my jawline. I then dusted a light amount of it over my entire face just to give my translucent skin a little bit of color. Ya know, so I don't glow. Then I added my new baby, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion. A rave post about these blushes is definitely forthcoming. For an even better highlight I added The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer highlighter to my cheekbones, cupid's bow, and brow bone. 

For my signature red lip I used MAC"s Proenza Schouler special edition lipstick in Mangrove. It's a matte red-orange that I'm completely obsessed with. I mean am atte red, come on. It had my name written all over it.



And here's the complete finished look complete with a smile and awkward hand gesture. 


I really enjoy making my skin appear glowy and tanned (for me) in the summer so this is the kind of look I do every day, obviously switching up the colors. I hope everyone's summers are starting off well, I know mine is a bit of a bummer so far. The boy is far away in our college town and work is boring at best. Oh well, it's time to find a pool on my days off, save up money, and keep applying for jobs using my degrees.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment