Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My No Makeup- Makeup Look

Contrary to popular belief, some days I don't work and I don't apply a full face of makeup. For some, what I slap onto my face on these days would be more than enough for a daily basis. As we all know, I don't feel complete unless I have mascara, blush, and a lipcolor on. Now, I don't do this on days I have off and I don't go anywhere. If I'm spending the day in my house with my kitten and a mug of coffee I look like a homeless fourteen year old complete with my boyfriend's sweatshirt and yoga shorts. This is what it looks like when I have things to do on a day off and I don't want to get all dolled up. 
And these are the products that I used:



I started off by covering up the red spots and undereye circles that I have with my MAC Studio Finish Concealer because let's be real, that shit isn't cute. I then dusted a light layer of Rimmel Stay Matte powder over my entire face, focusing on my t-zone (nose and forehead) because that's where I get the most oily. To warm up my face a little I put my NYC Smooth Skin bronzer in Sunny under my cheekbone, up on my temple, and under my jaw in the motion commonly called the "3-S shape". I put some life back into my cheeks with Revlon's blush in "Haute Pink". For my eyes I used MAC's Painterly Paint Pot to even out the colors, then I used my Naked Basics palette from Urban Decay. I used the cream shade over my eyes and then shaded in my crease with a blending brush dipped in the light brown shade. I finished it off with a coat of Tarte's Lights, Cameras, Lashes mascara. For lips I put on some Benetint and then when it dried I applied some Vaseline Rose Lips Salve. 

Overall I feel like this look is about as basic as I get if I'm going to apply makeup. If you looked at me quickly it might actually look like I woke up like this, not like a vagabond, which is how I usually look when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment