Saturday, July 19, 2014

NYX Butter Lipsticks: A Review

Ahh, the sheer lipstick. What a fickle, fickle friend the sheer lipstick is for me. If you read this blog or know me at all you know that I usually love an opaque, matte lipstick. I rarely reach for glosses or even my creamier lipsticks that leave a sheen. I don't know why but it's just what I gravitate away from. Cue the hype surrounding the NYX line of "butter" lip products, specifically the Butter Lipsticks. I was sucked in and I am not afraid to admit it. But, I have three and I didn't return any, so stay tuned to hear words that I didn't think were even possible.






I like these sheer lipsticks. There, I said it. The world didn't end and pigs aren't flying, although that would be completely awesome. These lipsticks are creamy, moisturizing, pigmented, and shiny. They're everything you could ever want in a sheer lipstick. 

Ok, I'm getting way ahead of myself. The colors that I have are "Little Susie",
"Razzle", and "Fun Size" left to right. "Little Susie" is a beautiful strawberry red, a perfect choice for lips that look like you just ate a pound of Bing cherries, (that's a shout out to my fellow Michiganders). "Razzle" is just what its name suggests, it's a fuschia toned bright pink that fits in perfectly with my favorite summer lip color: neon pink. Finally, "Fun Size", which was my first purchase, is a wonderful peachy orange nude that I can apply without even looking in a mirror.

Back to the review. As a whole, these are wonderful and I want more colors. I still find myself reaching for more matte lipsticks but for days that I want to wear less, be more subtle, or if my lips are just dried out from constant matte lip stains and crayon-like lip lipsticks, these are perfect. They are true to the colors that are in the tube just slightly more sheer with a healthy shine, but not a true gloss. Because we all know I am not a huge gloss girl. 

I definitely recommend these, from lipstick addicts like me to beginners there is a shade for anyone and everyone. And for the price, about 5 dollars without the almost regular buy one, get one 50% off deal at Ulta, they are a must buy.

Are you into the sheer lipstick trend? Are you splurging on Chanel or sticking to NYX like me? 



No comments:

Post a Comment