Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What's in my Makeup Bag





While it's probably not necessary to bring around a bunch of makeup items in a little pouch on a daily basis, I do it. And odds are, you do it too. I'm one of the most nosey people I know and I love youtube videos and blog posts where people show what's in their various bags so  I figured I could show you guys exactly what I tote around with me to attempt to keep my face looking presentable.




First off, this is my makeup bag. It came to me courtesy of my best gal Leanne. She sent it to me as a surprise for my graduation, (THANK YOU LEANNE IT'S STILL TOO MUCH YOU'RE TOO GOOD TO ME). It's a red leather pouch by Jouer Cosmetics and it says "Paint the Town Red!" in gold script. It's roomy and utterly perfect.


So these are the contents of my daily makeup bag. In it I always have a powder and a chapstick. Those are the most important because my lips are often dry from my tendency for matte lipsticks and my face gets shiny, a lot. I hate when my face gets shiny, it's a thing. Currently I have Maybelline Fit Me Powder in the lightest shade for my translucent skin. I also pack my Eco Tools retractable kabuki brush (which is no longer retractable because it broke and I had to hot glue it together), to apply the powder. I have an array of neutral lipglosses and two mini travel sized Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Pencils (also gifted by Leanne like who are you and why are you so nice?). They are travel sized so why not travel with them, amiright? I also have blotting papers (see hatred of personal shine), a Mac Bare Study Paint Pot in case I need an eyeshadow, a mini of Benefit's Boxed Powder in Dandelion, a mascara (Clinique's High Impact), Nyx's eyeshadow pencil in Milk, an old Revlon eyeliner, two perfumes (Marc Jacobs Daisy and an Aerie scent that is apparently nameless), and whatever lipstick I have on that day. Phew. That was exhausting and no, there probably isn't a reason for me to have all of this but hey, at least I'm prepared.

Thanks for reading guys, I'll be back soon! 





1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to be persnickity, but I needed to point out that when you were describing your make-up bag (and thank you for ensuring we knew that it was indeed a make-up bag), we noticed you had "Paint the Town Red" as being the text on the bag when in fact it was "paint the town red." ALL LOWERCASE. I request that you rectify this mistake as it causes me general depression and eternal diarrhea, and I believe this change will turn my life around.

    ReplyDelete