Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ok I Have a Problem: Lip Product Addict Tag

Recently I watched Essiebutton and Amelia Liana's collaboration video where they created the Lip Product Addict Tag. Once I watched it I knew I had to put my own red lipstick obsessed stamp on it. So, here we go. The tag post where I admit my addiction and own it. Also, most of these are red lipsticks and you need to just accept that now.


So here are the questions:

TAG QUESTIONS
1. Favourite balm/treatment?
2. Best eye-catching red?
3. Best luxury & best drugstore?
4. Best MAC lipstick?
5. The most disappointing?
6. Liner - yes or no?
7. Best gloss?
8. Something extra!

And here are my answers!



1. Favourite balm/treatment?


The Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cocoa Butter is my favorite lip balm, especially for night. It is super moisturizing, stays on, and is only $1.79. You really can't beat it.



2. Best eye-catching red?

MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick is my favorite eye-catching red. I wear a lot of red lipsticks, as you know and as you will see in this post, but this is my go to classic red. It's matte, long wearing, just blue toned enough to pop against my pale skin, and is wearable all year round. It's well loved as you can tell and I'll always have this in my collection.


3. Best luxury & best drugstore?

For my best luxury brand lipstick I chose the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Lipstick in Icon. This happened a bit by default because it's my only luxury lipstick brand and I do think it's a little bit overhyped, but  I really like it on days I want a super dark red that will stay on all day or night. My only issue with it is that I can't reapply after it sets without causing creasing and bunching; not cute on the lips. Overall it's very long lasting and that is worth the price itself.




My favorite drugstore lipstick brand is Revlon and specifically their Revlon Colorburst matte balms are amazing. They're matte, easy to apply, and relatively long lasting for a balm. I can reapply without thinking twice about it and the color range is wonderful. I have many, this one is in Striking.




4. Best MAC lipstick?


By far most of my lipsticks are MAC but this was still shockingly easy. Diva is the perfect dark red matte that I wore most days this autumn and winter. With a red lip liner it's much more red and with more of a currant colored lip liner it evolves into a fantastic deep cognac color. It's just...ugh. So great.




5. The most disappointing?

I didn't take an individual picture of this but it's pictured in the top image and also swatched in the last image. It is MAC's Creme Cup. This lipstick turns grey/pink on me and was a disappointing second or so MAC lipstick purchase. I have tried to make it work so many times because it is so hyped up but it just never works for me.

6. Liner - yes or no?


With the amount of dark lipsticks I wear, liners are key. This is my favorite because of its versatility, MAC's Brick. I have many though. Let me tell you, I have many.


7. Best Lip Gloss?


I'm the opposite of a lip gloss girl usually, opting most often for crayola-esque dark matte shades, but this benefit gloss is just gorgeous. It's their Ultra Shine gloss in Wild Child. I got this in a set and it's just a gorgeous pink with a purple duo chrome. I put it on its own or over a pink lipstick for a multidimensional, very pretty lip look for the summer or spring.


8. Something Extra!


For my extra I chose the one nude I have found that works on me. This picture makes it look more rosy than it is. It is Benefit's Full Finish Lipstick in Lady's Choice. I wrote an entire blog post about this baby. Just know, it's awesome. 


The lipsticks pictured go from right to left in order of the questions, annoyingly I did it backwards. It's obvious the kinds of colors I gravitate more toward, aka reds. It's what I wear on a daily basis so it's only fitting that it is the backbone of this post.

I tag everyone and anyone who loves lip products. I know I'm addicted, what are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment