Monday, December 23, 2013

A Very Rosey Christmas- Makeup Look

 As we near Christmas I keep seeing gorgeous holiday looks being put together by some of my favorite bloggers and youtubers. I felt like I should throw in my current favorite festive makeup look and luckily it includes my newest baby, the Naked 3 Palette. I went for something a little different than the norm because quite frankly I wore a bronzey eye and red lip all summer and that didn't seem festive enough for me personally. I call Christmas the time when everyone else starts wearing red lipstick and I lose my originality. POSERS.

Joking. Sort of.


Here are all the products I used:




Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, (full review here!) Benefit Rockateur Blush, MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle, Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara, MAC Lip Pencil in Brick, Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipstick in 06.


Here's the look!




So for the eyes I used Dust all over the lid, then worked Burnout and Limit into the crease. I built those up and blended them, then added Buzz to the outer corner. I blended them all together with Nooner. I then defined my lashline with Blackheart and highlighted both my brow bone and inner corner with Strange, the lightest shade in the palette. (These are all shades from the Naked 3 Palette). I used my new favorite Tarte mascara (it's a holy grail product) and voila!

For cheeks I buffed on some of Benefit's Rockateur blush, which I am absolutely obsessed with. This gives off a nice sheen but I wanted to add a little more since it's the holiday season and when else do we get to pack sparkles onto our faces and have it be socially acceptable? I highlighted the tops of my cheekbones with MAC's MSF in Soft and Gentle.

For lips I layered up my all time favorite lipliner, MAC's Brick with a new find, a beautiful berry red hue from Rimmel's Kate Moss collection.

Overall I find this look very glowy and I plan on wearing it in different variations throughout the holiday season and most likely after, because let's be real when we figure out an awesome combination we're going to slap it on all the time. Or at least I am.





Here it is again! I hope you guys found this post helpful. I truly hope everyone has a beautiful holiday with their family and friends. This time of year is my favorite not because of anything other than the large amount of time I get to spend with my family. So kick back, drink a glass of wine, and soak in the love. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for reading my blog and sticking with me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment