Friday, June 14, 2013

I Got that Super Base...or Do I?

I went for the Nicki Minaj reference. You're welcome.

Painting my nails has become damn near a daily routine. Honestly even if my nervous/bored habit wasn't picking my nail polish off I would still probably have to paint my nails a lot. My job includes a lot of unboxing things and filing, (yay country club summer job), and according to my mother our family has oily nail beds. Needless to say my homemade manicure usually chips in about a day. I refuse to bow down to my job and genetic makeup so yeah, I go through a lot of nail polish. I just like my nails to feel peppy and glossy and refuse to let them look as haggard as I usually feel at work at 8 am.

With all of this established it's clear that this girl needs a base coat. And a good one at that. So with this in mind I headed off in my little car to the bountiful land of Target. I trolled the nail polish section and decided after googling many a review and looking around as if I was shoplifting something, (which I wasn't), on this. It's the Essie "Fill The Gap" Treatment. It's supposed to be anti aging and also a good base coat for your nails which generally helps to prevent staining and extend wear. It is a milky color when it goes on. I usually apply this, two coats of my colored polish, then a shiny top coat.







As you can see it does have a slight color to it. I usually look for this in base coats because it makes my nail polish that much easier to apply and more vibrant. This one doesn't necessarily help my nail polish stay on longer, not much does, but it definitely helps with preventing staining which is honestly my biggest problem. My nails also seem to be growing faster since I started using it. All in all I would buy it again and would recommend it if someone is looking for a protective base coat.

Do you use base coats for your nail polish? If so, what kind do you like? I'm always on the hunt.

Until next time!




3 comments:

  1. Omfg that Nicki Minaj reference is A+ LOL
    I had a chuckle

    Maybe I'll check this product the next time I'm at a Target/Ulta c:

    (Also, it would be much easier to follow you if you all the "Follower" widget on your blog)


    www.citronandguavaberry.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and the tip! How do I add the follower widget?

      Delete
    2. Layout->Add Gadget->More Gadgets, and it should be there...if I recall correctly! c:

      Delete