Monday, May 20, 2013

Gasp! New Revlon Lip Butters!

Revlon Lip Butters and I have had a tumultuous relationship. I bought my first one and regretted it the second I put it on. I remember thinking they were too shiny and not that moisturizing. I threw it in the back of my makeup drawer and didn't think about it again.

Then I kept seeing other bloggers and youtubers talking about it, so I pulled it out, applied it to my lips, and fell in love. They are a little shiny and they aren't all that moisturizing but I don't care any more. The pigmentation is great and the sheen that they give is about as glossy as I get seeing as lip gloss is my arch nemesis and my lips are usually as matte as the day is long.

When I found out Revlon was releasing a collection I got my friend to drive me to Target and we went hog wild. We ended up going to a few stores just to find one of them. I have a problem, I'll admit it but that doesn't mean I'm doing anything to change it.
































Ahhh, aren't they just glorious? The collection had four colors but I only picked up three of them. These are Juicy Papaya, Wild Watermelon, and Sorbet.


































Juicy Papaya is a great coral-peach color. It's a perfect my lips but better kind of color for me because I have a peach tone to my skin and my lips. This has been my go to color recently and it goes with just about every eye look. It's a no brainer and I highly recommend it if you're looking just to add a little bit of color to your lips without it being overpowering or difficult to apply.








































This is Wild Watermelon. It's a gorgeous dark reddish pink that is a great summer option for a red lip, which we all know I love. It's a beautiful and very unique color that I find myself reaching for quite often.
































This last color is Sorbet. It's a light pink-fuchsia shade that is great for me. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the barbie pink look with my complexion so this is a good option for me when I want a pink lip, especially for summer. I think this would be flattering on just about everyone and it's definitely worth a shot. 




Here they are swatched! From left to right, Juicy Papaya, Wild Watermelon, and Sorbet. 
These came out a little while ago but I still see them in most stores so I bet you can get your hands on them.
Do you like Revlon Lip Butters? If you haven't tried them then you definitely should!
I hope everyone is getting off to a good summer. Happy Monday!

































No comments:

Post a Comment