Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Skincare Routine

I'm not going to lie to you. I've been lucky to have relatively nice skin. I went through a time in my late teens where I had little bumps all over my forehead and cheeks, I went to a dermatologist and he told me that I was drying my skin out with too many products that contained acne treatments. That's when I streamlined and started using a gentle cleanser. My skin cleared up after a couple months and I've never gone back. The only problems I have now are an occasional pimple. 

My skin is combination, so much so that I have dry patches right next to oily patches. Let me tell you, it's real cute. It's also really sensitive and gets irritated easily.

I start out by removing my makeup. I do this every night before I shower or wash my face. These Neutrogena wipes are my personal favorites, the generic brand works too but they tend to irritate my dumb sensitive skin.


After my makeup is off I cleanse my face.This is the best cleanser I've ever used. It's the Burt's Bee's Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream. It's especially good in the winter when my skin is dry because it's a thick cream that is moisturizing but not greasy and leaves my skin clean. It has a pretty strong sent that's really natural. I personally love it. It seems to have a bit of menthol in it because it makes your face tingle a little bit, but it wakes me up in the morning so I'm not complaining.


About three times a week I exfoliate to get rid of all the dead skin. I alternate and use any of the St. Ives Apricot scrubs depending on my mood. This is the Blemish Control one. They're all great and extremely cheap!


This is my day moisturizer and it's just what the title says. It's the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer. It has no scent and is perfect for my dry and sensitive winter skin. I'll buy this until they stop selling it.


As you can tell I love the Burt's Bee's line. This is the Burt's Bee's Sensitive Night Cream. It also has no scent (are you sensing a pattern?) and it's incredibly moisturizing. It's my perfect night cream.


And here are all the products! They're all relatively cheap, under 15 dollars, and are all available at drug stores.


Brace yourself. This is my face with no makeup. I felt like I should show you my bare skin since this is what the whole routine leads to for me. 



Thanks so much for reading! I'll be back soon. Leave me comments if you have any suggestions for what kind of post I should write next!

No comments:

Post a Comment