Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Face of the Day #1

So it's my first actual beauty post! Yahoo!
I was thinking about an easy first post to write in order to ease myself into this whole blogging thing. I decided on one of my own personal favorite posts to read, a simple face of the day. Here it goes!

I started my day at 6am so I had to go for a simple look. I started out with my basic face routine, which I can cover in another post, (it basically consists of slapping on some concealer and a little powder) and then kept it quite simple.

Here are all the products all laid out. (pardon my "rustic" dorm window sill. I was trying to catch the natural light. It was only 4:30, winter in the midwest is awful).



On my eyes I wore MAC's Paint Pot in "Painterly" as my base, then added a little bit of Naked from the Naked Palette (by Urban Decay) in the crease and outer corner. I used Virgin as an inner corner and brow highlight. (this palette is a god send by the way).



 For my cheeks I used Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in "Natural Beauty" just for some color. As you can tell my skin is so pale it's nearly transparent so this looks nice in small amounts, especially with a red lip.

       
Speaking of red lips, here's one of my favorites, MAC's Russian Red. The matte formula can be a little drying, just exfoliate and slap on a little lip balm before and you're golden.




 

And an awkward selfie to show you the finished look!


I know it's super simple but it's been my go to look this past month so I figured it warranted a post. 

If you live anywhere near the midwest hope you're staying warm, temperatures were below -10 degrees today in Michigan. I seriously thought my eyes were going to freeze open.

I'm now off to stop procrastinating and do my homework. College never rests. I hope your week has started off well, talk to you all soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment