Sunday, December 28, 2014

Real Techniques Bold Metals Colleciton: Review!


Can we all just take a moment to soak in this beautiful sight...


The metallic handles, the luxe gradient to white brush hairs, the packaging. If you didn't already know these are the Real Techniques Bold Metals collection. I saw a picture of them on Instagram a few weeks ago and almost developed a hernia out of excitement. Today I found them in store and I am so glad I did. 

Now these are much more expensive than regular Real Techniques brushes. The face brushes were around 25 dollars and the eye brushes were around 15. This does seem like a steep increase but honestly they are still significantly less than MAC or even other luxe brushes that are sold at Ulta so I didn't have much issue handing over my VISA, especially because coupons and point rewards apply!

As you can see I picked up four brushes, the large powder brush,the tapered blush brush, the shader brush, and the pointed crease brush. They are one of three metallic hues, face brushes are gold, eye brushes are silver, and my personal favorite, the cheek brushes are rose gold. There are a few more brushes in the collection however they didn't seem super worth it for my personal preferences (they were gorgeous though). 


This is the large powder brush. All the brushes feel heavy and very luxurious so this is no exception. Its a dense semi flat paddle style powder brush that I know I will use daily.


This is the tapered blush brush. It's quite a small blush brush but I love that because it's unique to the rest of my blush brushes. It's wonderful for blush application as well as contour or highlight.


Quite possibly my favorite of the collection is this tapered crease brush. It's incredibly dense, short bristled, and excellent at what it is intended to do, which is apply color in the crease. I used this today and I loved it for the exact application of crease color that I desired. After that I blend out the color with one of my fluffier brushes and voila!


My last brush choice was the classic shader brush. This one is superior to the others I have because it is large enough to cover my inordinately large eyelids in one swipe. It applies a good wash of color evenly and beautifully.

Overall did is obviously a rave. The price could be cheaper, however, when is that not true? It's obvious that with the upgraded price they have also upgraded the quality in the brushes. 

Will you be picking up any of these gorgeous brushes? I'm not positive but it seems like these are limited edition. 

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and/or Hanukkah. Mine involved a lot of food and alcohol, which in my world is how it should be! 




No comments:

Post a Comment