Friday, June 28, 2013

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers First Impressions Review!

Quite a while ago I read a post by Essie of essiebutton.com about the Rimmel Apocolips liquid lipstick thingys. I googled my ass off and found out that they were a UK exclusive. After cursing the makeup gods for such a travesty I attempted to move on. But every time I walked through a drugstore or my mecca (Target) I would swing past the Rimmel section and scan for a beautiful display which would deliver to me what my heart desired. Two days ago I watched a haul video on Youtube by Eleventhgorgeous and they had bought these new Rimmel lip products called the Show Off Lip Lacquers. I was a little too excited to learn that they were the same product as the Apocolips. Rimmel tried to hide them from us but they couldn't. What saucy little minxes.

Once I knew they were in the US I was on the hunt. I checked out Wal-Mart and Target to no avail, but I got a text from my friend today which said that Walgreens was having a 15% Friends and Family sale and that these little babies were on display. I hurried my butt over there and purchased the two brightest colors they had and here they are.



I got the shades "Apocaliptic" and "Stellar"





Stellar is a great orangey pink color. It shows up more coral in real life than in this picture. It's incredibly opaque, creamy, and with a nice sheen. 






Apocaliptic is a fantastic bright pink shade that has a hint of coral to it. It has the same opacity and finish as Stellar.


Here they are swatched






Overall these have great pigmentation. I'm not sure what their lasting power is yet since I just purchased these but I will let you know. They aren't advertise as long lasting and they are quite smooth so I can't imagine that they will last more than a couple hours. The applicator is a doe foot shape that has a well in it that holds some of the color so one swipe gives you enough product to cover your lip and makes application a dream.

The major con for me with these is the smell. It is god awful. It's a heavy, plastic, incredibly potent smell that lingers for quite some time. I'm not usually sensitive to smells but this one is so strong that it legitimately turns me off to the product. Luckily these were only about 5 dollars at Walgreens so I can get past the scent. It does disappear eventually so I think these Lip Lacquers and I can still be friends.

These are a great product that lives up to the hype. I would definitely look into purchasing them even if you're not a huge lip gloss fan because I know most glosses drive me crazy and I like these.

In other news I just have to say that yesterday made me even more proud to be an American with the Supreme Court rulings on DOMA and Prop 8. Love is love people, and I really hope when I have kids some day this won't be an issue any more.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment